For the Wigmore neophyte, I doubt I could have selected a better concert to introduce my companion for the evening to the delights of London’s “sacred shoebox”: Georgian pianist Khatia Buniatishvili dazzled in a highly accomplished performance of music by Mussorgsky’s ‘Pictures at an Exhibition’ and a selection of short virtuosic works by Liszt.
Join 13,013 other subscribers
- 2,631,206 hits
- Penelope Roskell’s Essential Piano Technique
- BAGATELLES Piano Music by Bernard Hughes
- Happy 10th Birthday, London Piano Meetup Group
- “Embrace every corner or avenue of your instrument” – Rachel Starritt, pianist
- “I just love losing myself in those chords and those incredible sound worlds” – at the piano with Alistair McGowan