Wishing all my readers around the globe a very happy and musical 2017.
Forthcoming articles and features on The Cross-Eyed Pianist include:
- Meet the Artist interviews with BBC Young Musician 2016 finalist, the vibrant saxophonist Jess Gillam, composer Bernard Hughes, and pianist Danny Driver
- Following The Accidental Pianist, further articles on the myriad aspects of being a pianist, including The Patient Pianist, The Sensitive Pianist and The Doubting Pianist (feel free to suggest other topics for inclusion in this series)
- ‘Approaching the Concerto’ – reflections from a variety of soloists, including Stephen Hough, Dinara Klinton and Alissa Firsova, and conductor Tom Hammond ahead of a series of concerts featuring piano concerti by Beethoven, Grieg and Brahms, conducted by Tom Hammond.
- The continuing journey through Schubert’s Sonata in A, D959 (read more about this project here)
- Music into Words mini conference – following the successful launch of the Music into Words project in February 2016, Frances Wilson (The Cross-Eyed Pianist) and Simon Brackenborough (founder and editor of the Corymbus blog) host a half-day mini conference exploring the great variety of writing about classical music today. Guest speakers, audience discussion and Q&A, and plenty of opportunities for networking and socialising. Further information and tickets here
- An opportunity to hear acclaimed pianist, writer and teacher Graham Fitch perform the complete Goldberg Variations, plus a special post-concert talk and audience Q&A, hosted by The Cross-Eyed Pianist
And much more besides…..
Readers are welcome to suggest topics to be covered and guest posts are invited – feel free to contact me