Join 12,942 other subscribers
- 2,587,382 hits
- The power of music: The Piano on Channel 4
- What you can do to save the BBC Singers and orchestral musicians
- Reader offer: ‘Divine’ Fire at Cafe Yukari
- Credentials vs Experience: what make a good piano teacher?
- “an unhealthy attitude towards classical music from the very institutions that are supposed to champion the cause”
"Everyone has something unique to give; there’s space for everyone if you get your head down and do your thing, people will notice."
The Piano on Channel 4 - a wonderful celebration of the power of the instrument and music in general
A remarkable performance by Evgeny Kissin tonight @barbicancentre, rich in detail, colour and profound emotion, particularly in the Chopin f-minor Polonaise, and Rachmaninov’s Lilacs and selected Etudes-Tableaux Op39 #pianist #virtuoso #evgenykissin #bach #mozart #chopin #rachmaninov #livemusic #lovemusic
Give the gift of music this #MothersDay with a lovely programme performed by the Phoenix Piano Trio with soprano Michelle Todd @kingsplacelondon on Sunday. Presented by @londonchambermusic
‘Regards from Rochester’, a new piece for choir exploring the vibrant and dramatic history of Rochester in Kent, is premiered on Saturday 18 March by Rochester Choral Society. The piece was commissioned by the society to celebrate their 150th anniversary and is composed by @thomashewittjones
“Classical music continues to be the sacrificial lamb that bureaucrats and politicians seem to take pleasure in slaughtering and then displaying what they think are their heroic and triumphant achievements in saving money”