City Music Foundation (CMF) welcomes applications from classical, jazz, folk, and world musicians – both soloists and ensembles – to join its innovative two-year Artist Programme.
Starting in September 2019, those selected for the scheme will enjoy:
- A series of tailored Professional Development Workshopswith topics including tax and financial management, networking, presentation skills, contracts and legal issues, agents, PR, social media, pitching to venues and festivals, programming, and much more
- Business Mentoringfrom senior business-people through collaborations with City firms
- Artistic Mentoringfrom established, acclaimed international performers, including opportunities for collaboration in performance
- Performance Opportunitiesin CMF-produced events, festivals, and residencies
- Promotional Toolssuch as high-quality photos, a bespoke website, videos, and professional recordings
- Day-to-day access to the Artist Manager, who works like an agent to secure live concert bookings and media appearances
- Additional Supportwith individual projects and commissioning
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 3rd April 2019, 12pm.
Apply here: www.citymusicfoundation.org/apply
Current and previous CMF Artists include A4 Brass Quartet, Lotte Betts-Dean (mezzo soprano), Tabea Debus (recorders), Foyle-Štšura Duo (violin & piano), Andrey Lebedev (guitar), Ligeti Quartet, Misha Mullov-Abbado (jazz double bass), and Emily Sun (violin).
CMF’s mission is to turn exceptional musical talent into professional success by equipping outstanding musicians with the tools, skills, experience, and networks necessary for building and sustaining rewarding and profitable careers.
Registered Charity Number: 1148641