Join 12,941 other subscribers
- 2,590,436 hits
- The power of music: The Piano on Channel 4
- What you can do to save the BBC Singers and orchestral musicians
- Reader offer: ‘Divine’ Fire at Cafe Yukari
- Credentials vs Experience: what make a good piano teacher?
- “an unhealthy attitude towards classical music from the very institutions that are supposed to champion the cause”
Foraged wild leeks #freefood #foraging #foragedfood #homecooki g #deliciousfood
New single released by @joforbesmusician
“I love the music, I love singing and I love the feeling of making wonderful music with such talented colleagues.”
Members of @royalchoralsociety share their thoughts about singing Messiah
“I think there’s such a skill in writing a good tune. When I wrote this coronation anthem, the main crux of the brief was ‘write a good tune, please.’ She continues, “And my goodness, it’s harder than you think. You know, I was I found myself analyzing all the really good hymn tunes and thinking, what is it that makes everyone loves singing this, you know, Bread of Heaven? Everyone loves that, you know, irrespective of whether they’re regular church-goers on or not.”
"Everyone has something unique to give; there’s space for everyone if you get your head down and do your thing, people will notice."