The only magazine dedicated to contemporary classical music culture in the UK and Ireland
Celebrating and showcasing performers and composers
I’m really excited about this project, a new magazine focusing exclusively on contemporary classical music
We have a vibrant culture of contemporary classical music here in the UK and Ireland – full of committed performers, composers and supporters – and it would be great to see contemporary classical music understood and enjoyed more widely alongside its sister arts. Sounds Like Now will be a focal point and a cultural hub where people can:
- Get to know the performers – what they’re doing, how they approach and what they think about the music and culture
- Get to know the composers, established and new – what makes them tick?
- Get to know the music, from those who know and love it
- Find out what’s being performed, where and when
- Find new repertoire including the latest publisher releases and selections by expert musicians
- Find new recordings and get help discovering what’s already out there
If you’re a performer, composer, producer or promoter of new music, then Sounds Like Now will be there to share and celebrate your work. It will include;
- Profiles of key performers and composers
- Essays and reports from artists and commentators
- Guides to key ideas and current trends in contemporary music
- Concert reviews and previews
- Recording reviews
- New music releases from publishers
- Thorough UK-& Ireland-wide event listings
- Q & A with contemporary music lovers outside the sector
Sounds Like Now will be an outward-looking publication which encourages more musicians and listeners to venture into the wonderfully rich and rewarding world of contemporary music.
Sounds Like Now will be a bi-monthly print and digital publication, available by subscription.
So whether you’re a seasoned new-music-head or wanting to venture in and could do with a guide, Sounds Like Now is for you! Visit the Sounds Like Now crowdfunding page to find out how you can be part of this exciting new project.