In this interview we discuss GéNIA’s forthcoming projects, favorite pianists, our thoughts on up and coming young pianists, GéNIA’s love of Rachmaninoff, and debunk of several piano myths!
Join 13,014 other subscribers
- 2,632,400 hits
- Penelope Roskell’s Essential Piano Technique
- BAGATELLES Piano Music by Bernard Hughes
- Happy 10th Birthday, London Piano Meetup Group
- “Embrace every corner or avenue of your instrument” – Rachel Starritt, pianist
- “I just love losing myself in those chords and those incredible sound worlds” – at the piano with Alistair McGowan
It’s important to note one simple fact… up and coming pianists or any other young musicians that play classical instruments, outside their world (niche magazines etc) they get zero media exposure.
In the past 2 years i can’t remember any article/video from mainstream media that talked about how good a new musician is or how we should go and see this new young talent.
It’s really sad actually, because many people actually like listening to piano or violin or so many other great instruments.