French pianist Pierre-Laurent Aimard demonstrated Liszt’s far-reaching musical legacy in a spell-binding concert of intense concentration and illuminating pianism celebrating Liszt’s bicentenary and the release of Aimard’s new recording, The Liszt Project. Read my review for Bachtrack.com here.
Join 13,010 other subscribers
- 2,628,681 hits
- BAGATELLES Piano Music by Bernard Hughes
- Happy 10th Birthday, London Piano Meetup Group
- “Embrace every corner or avenue of your instrument” – Rachel Starritt, pianist
- “I just love losing myself in those chords and those incredible sound worlds” – at the piano with Alistair McGowan
- 17th Hastings International Piano Competition opens for entries
New #podcast episode now available
“This album brings together pretty much all my music for solo piano written over the course of more than 30 years, the earliest from when I was still at school and the latest written just weeks before being recorded, in October 2022.” - Bernard Hughes, composer
All aboard for a grand day out. Ferry to Weymouth from Portland, tasty lunch on the harbour side, including delicious local oysters, a quick look at a visiting Spanish galleon then home to enjoy the sun in the garden. Happy days
How do you evoke a painting in music?
“Embrace every corner or avenue of your instrument” – an interview with pianist Rachel Starritt @starritt_rachel
Hope your birthday is the best!