- 2,396,430 hits
- Pavel Zemek Novák’s “dazzlingly original” 24 Preludes and Fugues for solo piano now available in a newly published edition
- “My music is concerned with my feelings about life, expressed to the best of my ability in melody, harmony and counterpoint” – David Matthews, composer
- Join a musical movement to support climate change awareness
- Celebrating the release of Norma Fisher At The BBC Vol 3
- Snapshot of a life: Beethoven’s five cello sonatas
The beautiful chapel at Queenswood School in Hatfield is the setting for a recital by Ben Goldscheider (horn) & Richard Uttley (piano) on 9 June.
The story of #Yaniewicz began with the discovery by his great-great-great-great-granddaughter of a beautiful square piano bearing his name….. Find out more from 25 June in Edinburgh #Musicandmigration #squarepiano #historicinstrument #exhibition #concerts
Who was #felixyaniewicz and why is this Polish-Lithuanian emigré composer, musician and impresario important in the history of Edinburgh’s musical and cultural life?
Composer @mathieukarsenti has followed up his 2021 ‘Piano Skies’ album with ‘Piano Paintings’ - more arresting and evocative, gently minimalistic piano music played by @marieawadismusic #pianomusic #newmusic #contemporaryclassicalmusic #minimalistmusic #newrelease
Above all, this event seemed to perfectly embody Norma Fisher’s belief that “If we can’t share, there is no point in life, and I think that will remain my philosophy until my dying day“. Norma has shared her music and her musical wisdom throughout her life, and this was an occasion where we all shared in the joy of music and music making.
Cellist Guy Johnston has been loaned a magnificent 17th-century Stradivari cello. Come and hear this beautiful instrument live in concert on 11 June when Guy performs Beethoven’s five cello sonatas over 2 concerts with pianist Melvyn Tan #cello #stradivarius #stradivari #Beethoven #concert #hertfordshire #harpenden #visitharpenden #harpendenlife